Gary Walsh - The Wine Front August 2018
- 2017 Eliza Pinot Noir - ".......Great to drink. Charming." 93 points.
James Halliday Wine Companion 2019 - August 2018
- 5 Star winery
- 2017 Love me love you Shiraz - 95 points
- 2017 Love you love me Semillon - 95 points
- 2016 ærkeengel Semillon - 95 points
- 2017 Grace Chardonnay - 93 points
- 2017 Eliza Pinot Noir - 93 points
- 2016 Beyond the Horizon Shiraz - 93 points
Gourmet Traveller WINE - Aug/Sep 2018
Head for the HIlls - Mike Bennie
- 2017 Love you love me Semillon - ".....the finish is a burst of appealing, pulpy grapefruit zestiness...."
- 2017 Love me love you Shiraz - ".......spicy, floral perfume, and red berry fruit spectrum.....a wine the word 'elegant' readlily describes."
Whie Charlotte Dalton Wines may be in relative infancy, Hardy's backstory speaks of broad experience and influence. While many younger generation winemakers in the Adelaide Hills seek out smashable, simple wine styles, Hardy is quietly crafting her carefully made, refined and finessed wines.
The Real Review - June 4 2018
- The Real Review 2018 Certificate of Excellence. Recognised as one of Australia's top wineries for 2018
Mike Bennie - The Wine Front May 2018
- 2017 Love you love me Semillon - "..... tart and citrusy, green apple imbued and finishes with celery-like watery greeness (though pleasant). Sniff of nougat and Parisian almonds, some flavours reminiscent of both too, but lemony tang is the go. It’s light on with flecks of talc-like mineral character. It’s long and tight in the palate. It is very refreshing indeed. An enjoyable ‘alt-expression’ of the variety here..." 91 points
Mike Bennie - The Wine Front March 2018
- 2017 Love me love you Shiraz - ".....Palate is quite lean, silky textured, savoury as with dusty spice and ashy tannins, quite firm through its line, little trickles of mouthwatering red berries and herbs...." 92+ points
Mike Bennie - The Wine Front January 2018
- 2017 Grace Chardonnay - "..... There’s sandalwood and apple, stone fruit and clove notes in bouquet. The palate has a nice glide, suppleness, but then a faint but adjacent chew to wood spice character then followed by an even, calm, cool flow of just ripe stone fruit flavours..." 91 points
Tony Love for The Advertiser 100 hot summer drinks
- 2017 Eliza Pinot Noir - ".... it delivers a spicy, sappy, fruity and peppery perfume, slightly tart cranberry then flavouring a light to medium bodied, summery pinot. Delish." 4 stars. December 2017
- "....2016 Love You Love Me Semillon, which was so drop-dead lovely that Charlotte's quickly sold it all...."
- "....2016 Ǣrkeengel A great wine of significant gastronomic intelligence, made by such a person for grown-ups. Take a bow, Charlotte Dalton Hardy...."
Halliday WIne Companion 2018
5 Star Winery
- 2016 Love you love me Semillon - 96 points
- 2016 Love me love you Shiraz - 95 points
- 2016 Eliza Broderick Vineyard Pinot Noir - 95 points
- 2015 Beyond the Horizon Shiraz - 95 points
Halliday Wine Companion Magazine
- James on Pinot Noir and clones 95 points
"......very good pinot, extra spice and foresty, with ample red fruits to provide balance...."
Young Gun of Wine
- Announced in the top 12 finalists. 17 May 2017
Young Gun of Wine
Announced in the top 50 finalists. 10 May 2017
Huon Hooke - The real Review - February 2017
- Three whole bunch shirazes ".... it's medium-full bodied with fine-grained tannins and seamless texture. A gorgeous wine....."
Nick Ryan - The Australian 10 January 2017
- Best of summer: go for bright and breezy....."suppleness and grace, not be weighed down with the heft of oak and super ripe fruit. reds that go crunch in the mouth. The 2016 Charlotte Dalton Love me love you Shiraz fits the bill perfectly"
Mike Bennie - The Wine Front December 2016
- Beyond the Horizon Adelaide Hills Shiraz 2015 92 points "....scents in red currants, pomegranate, lathed wood, sandalwood and macerated forest berry.....Fruit flavours are concentrated, deep, dark, draw long on rails of fine, silty tannins. Lovely to drink..."
Mike Bennie - The Wine Front December 2016
- Love me love you Adelaide Hills Shiraz 2016 92 points ".......Mega perfume! So vibrant, so floral, so pretty in sweet fruit, so lovely in sweet spice. It’s beautiful to sniff on, inviting like warm pie on a window sill...crunchy enough in tannin and acidity to keep everything squeaky and fresh..."
James Halliday - Wine Companion Magazine November 2016
- Love you love me Adelaide Hills Semillon 2015 95 points "......It already has texture and structure without compromising the fresh
acidity on the finish.....a true alternative to the Barossa Valley or Hunter styles..."
Jon Bonné - Punch online magazine November 2016
- Six Rising Star Winemakers of Australia's Adelaide Hills
Mike Bennie - The Wine Front November 2016
- Love you love me Adelaide Hills Semillon 2016 93 points "...palate is tight yet succulent, impressively long, ultra pure, layered in citrus-apple-herb flavour, shadowed by a lick of sweet spice..... “F%$k me, what’s that!?’, exclaimed someone I poured it for. I’m excited by this. Bloody unreal....."
David Brooks for The Adelaide Review November 2016
- Beyond the Horizon Adelaide Hills Shiraz 2015 "....Vibrant red/purple in the glass with a drop dead sexy nose of concentrated plummy fruits along with splashes of wild cherry and mulberry...."
2017 Halliday Wine Companion -
- Ten of the best new wineries Australia
- 5 star winery
- Love you love me Adelaide Hills Semillon 2015 95 points ".....Charlottes international experience shines through in this wine. It has texture and structure without compromising the fresh acidity on the finish....A true alternative to Hunter Valley or Barossa styles..."
- Love me love you Adelaide Hills Shiraz 2015 95 points "....flawless winemaking, a highly expressive bouquet of variety and place, the medium bodied palate supple and velvety, black cherry and satsuma plum with a scatter of spice and pepper.
City Mag September 2016 - Farrin Foster
- Wines you should know about: Charlotte Dalton
Nick Stock for JamesSuckling.com June 2016
- Love you love me Adelaide Hills Semillon 2015 92 points ".....A pithy and convincing take on semillon with plenty of lemon zest and a waxy, wild flower edge, gently nutty and super fresh. But the palate's the thing, the texture is built with impressive phenolic layers, lemon and almost chenin-like apple flavors flow through smoothly, polished, glossy acidity, this is a beauty...."
- Love me love you Adelaide Hills Shiraz 2015 92 points ".....Bright, punchy and and spicy cool-climate shiraz that smells of black cherry and blackberry, quite pared back, defined and full of promise. The palate's glossy smooth and the even-handed texture is a brilliant feature, balanced and brisk, smooth tannins, dark cherry pip finish. Understated charm..."
Mike Bennie for The Wine Front - March 2016
- Love you love me Adelaide Hills Semillon 2015 93 points ".......scents of apple, hay, quince, light ginger spice and lemon curd. In the palate, soft in texture, gentle in fruit flavour, but brisk and crisp as it rides on a mellifluous flow of succulent, pristine grapefruity acidity..."
- Love me love you Adelaide Hills Shiraz 2015 93 points "........easy to drink, actually, super easy to drink, and gives off pitch-perfect cool climate shiraz vibes. Drags long through the palate and finishes with anise spice and pickled cherry fruitiness. Hey! Delicious! "
David Brooks for The Adelaide Review March 2016
- Love you love me Adelaide Hills Semillon 2015 ".......Perfectly weighted, with a silky fruit flow onto the palate, the fruit flavours
again are apple, pear and citrus as the pure fruits swell on the mid-palate, reigned in perfectly by a seam of crisp, sapid acidity. There is a lot to like here...."